For those needing high volume, colour printing they often have to make compromises, especially when the printer serves a larger workgroup of up to 30 users. Speed is of the essence to avoid job queuing with users having to wait for previous jobs to be completed. Larger workgroups also means varying paper sizes and types.
Larger workgroups can also mean that access will be necessary from a variety of devices; desktops, laptops, tablets or smartphones. It can be difficult to find a cost efficient printer that matches all these criteria and is both compact and economical.
However, the HP LaserJet Enterprise M652 and M653 series of laser printers offer colour printing without compromise.
There are four printers in the HP LaserJet Enterprise M652 and M653 series. The M652n is a network printer while the M653dn includes automatic double sided, or duplex, printing. Both have a print speed of up, to 47 pages per minute and a first page out speed of just 6.5 seconds. The M652dn prints both sides of the sheet at the same speed. Both have a 6.9cm display panel with a keypad for data entry as well as an easy entry USB.
All four models in the series feature the latest laser printing technology from HP; JetIntelligence. According to HP using the latest laser technology, HP JetIntelligence, this printer is smaller, faster, more secure more productive and more economical than its competitors. The toner cartridges also give a higher page yield than previous cartridges. JetIntelligence uses a new type of toner particle that has a lower melt point so the fuser wire does its work at a lower temperature, requiring less energy.
The Benefits of HP JetIntelligence
This significantly improves productivity from a smaller footprint than previous laser printers.
The HP LaserJet Enterprise M652 series and the M653dn printers come standard with one 100 sheet multipurpose paper input tray and one 550 sheet paper input tray. The M653x model comes standard with an additional 550 sheet paper input tray. All models can be optioned up to handle a maximum of 1,750 sheets to maximise uninterrupted printing.
To back up the productivity the output tray on each model has a 500 sheet capacity to handle long runs. Each additional paper try can be configured differently to load different paper sizes or media weights to meet the requirements of individual parts of the workgroup or with the same sheet size to accommodate continuous printing on long print runs.
Large workgroups often mean a diversity of input devices ranging from Desktop workstations through to portable and mobile devices. To meet this requirement the HP LaserJet Enterprise M652 and M653 series offer a variety of connectivity. All have network connectivity as standard with 1 Gigabit/Fast Ethernet 10/100/1000Base-TX network; as well as 1 Hi-Speed Device USB 2.0; 2 Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Host (1 walk-up and 1 external accessible) and 1 Hardware Integration Pocket.
The HP LaserJet Enterprise M653x gives Wi-Fi Direct 802.11b/g/n14 and Bluetooth Low Energy15 as standard.
Mobile printing capability is akso standard for HP ePrint; Apple AirPrint™; Mopria-certified.
Wi-Fi Direct printing is embedded in the HP Colour LaserJet Enterprise M653x model. The other models can be optioned with wireless direct by purchasing the optional HP Jetdirect. This accessory also gives NFC connectivity for paired devices such as tablets or smartphone.
3000w NFC/Wireless Direct Accessory. Mobile device needs to be connected directly to the signal of a Wi-Fi Direct® supported MFP or printer prior to printing. Depending on mobile device, an app or driver may also be required. Bluetooth® Low Energy is standard only on the HP Colour LaserJet Enterprise M653x, and cannot be added to other models.
To maximise productivity speed is of the essence. With access required from larger workgroups print speed is vital to avoid job queuing. The HP LaserJet Enterprise M652n gives a print speed of up to 47 A4 pages per minute, in both black and white and colour, with a first page out time of 6.5 seconds. To minimise paper usage whilst maintaining productivity, the M652dn prints both sides of a sheet in the same time as it takes to print one side.
The HP LaserJet Enterprise M653 series are even faster. They give a print speed of up to 56 pages per minute in colour and black and white,, both single sided and double sided. Their first page out time is as little as 5.8 seconds.
But fast printing is only part of the story. The end result must be clear and legible. All models offer a print resolution of 600dpi x 600 dpi with up to 1200 dpi x 1200 dpi on fine lines and are PANTONE® colour calibrated. All models have a 1.2 GHz processor and 1 GB of memory that is expandable to 2GB DDR3 Synch Dram.
These colour laser printers are designed and built for heavy workloads. The HP LaserJet Enterprise M653 series have a recommended monthly print cycle of between 2,000 and 14,000 pages and the M653 series has a higher monthly duty cycle of between 3,000 and 17,000 pages.
All models use JetIntelligence HP 655A Black Original LaserJet Toner Cartridge with a page yield as high as12,500 pages and the HP 655A colour JetIntelligence toner cartridges in Cyan, Magenta and Yellow with a page yield of up to 10,500 pages.
However, for even more cost effective printing the HP 656X High Yield Black Original LaserJet Toner Cartridge has a page yield of up to 27,000 pages. Similarly the HP 656X High Yield Cyan, Magenta and Yellow Original LaserJet Toner Cartridge offers up to 22,000 pages before they need to be replaced.
To maintain and ensure maximum productivity the HP LaserJet Enterprise M652 and M655 series printers are eligible to be a part of the CartridgesDirect AutoMATE™ automated Ink Replenishment Program to ensure that the HP LaserJet Enterprise M652 and 653 series printers never runs low on toner no matter the workload and maintains its productivity.
Today, more than ever, security of your network is an imperative. An unsecured printer can provide an entry point for hackers to penetrate your network with potentially disastrous results.
However, these printers have the highest level of security of any printers in their class with HP JetAdvantage security built in. This suite gives security to your data with:
Multi-level, built-in features help protect your printer against complex security threats from boot up to shut down.– HP Sure Start helps the device BIOS to boot up properly every time with unaltered HP genuine code and without corruption. If an anomaly is detected, the device can repair itself by rebooting.
- Whitelisting helps the device firmware to load properly with HP genuine code - without corruption - every time.
- Run-time intrusion detection guards against malware, by continually monitoring activity to detect and stop attacks. If an anomaly is detected, the device automatically reboots.
Encrypted storage with secure erase:
The printer comes with built-in encryption to protect data.
When stored data is no longer needed, use built-in device capabilities to securely overwrite data and safely remove sensitive information. HP offers multiple mechanisms to erase stored data.
- Ports and protocols: FTP and Telnet are closed by default to help prevent unsecure protocols from being used. Unused physical ports (such as host USB ports or network ports) can be disabled to prevent unauthorised use.
- Administrator access control for device: You can set administrator passwords so only IT staff or other authorised personnel can set up and configure device settings.
- Common Criteria Certification: HP Enterprise devices are certified as compliant with internationally recognised security standards, such as Common Criteria Certification (CCC) and FIPS 140.
Protect your data
- Network protection: 802.1x or IPsec encrypted network standards can help protect data travelling over the network between the device and management tools such as HP Web Jetadmin5 or the Embedded Web Server.
- Encrypt data in transit Protects print jobs traveling to the device with encryption such as Internet Print Protocol over TLS (IPPS). Or, Secure Encrypted Print with HP Universal Print Driver37 provides true symmetric AES256 print job encryption and decryption from the client to the page based on a user-defined password using FIPS 140 validated cryptographic libraries from Microsoft. By using CipherSuite Encryption Strength the encryption strength can be varied to prevent the use of legacy or insecure protocols for data in transit.
To protect data at rest he optional HP High-Performance Secure Hard Disk provides full 256-bit AES hardware encryption protects sensitive business information, such as print jobs or passwords. By adding the optional HP Trusted Platform Module (TPM) accessory protection of encrypted credentials and data by automatically sealing device encryption keys to the TPM can be selected. It provides secure device identity by generating and protecting certificate private keys.
- Firewall: Prevent malware and viruses from entering your network by limiting printer access to computing devices in network.
- Authentication and authorisation: Manage user access using native features or optional solutions. With native user authentication, you can require users to sign in with PIN/PIC, LDAP, or Windows/Kerberos authentication. You can also integrate these with Active Directory. With optional authentication solutions like HP Access Control, you can enable advanced authentication using proximity cards or NFC-enabled mobile devices. The Hardware Integration Pocket enables integration of select card readers.
- Role-based access controls: Restrict access to management utilities, avoid unwanted device configurations, and help reduce costs and security risks through printer feature restrictions. With HP FutureSmart 4, you have more control than ever before over device security and permission settings. IT administrators can decide who can interact with certain device capabilities.
- Optional HP Access Control Rights Management allows you to give different capabilities to different users, or even entire departments, depending on their needs. For example, you can give users access to specific imaging and printing devices to promote a more responsible use of company assets.
- Mobile printing: Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth Low Energy 15 and NFC touch-to-print allows mobile users to connect to the printer without accessing the company network. HP also offers server based mobile print solutions that provide secure pull printing, as well as advanced management and reporting capabilities.
- CA and Device Identity Certificates: This printer supports identity certificates signed by a corporate certificate authority, which provides verification of identity and authenticity. This device also supports CA certificates for validation of identity certificates. Certificates can enable secure end-to-end communications with the device when used with features like IPsec, Secure-IPP.
Safeguard your physical documents
HP offers several solutions to help keep documents from falling into the wrong hands and help prevent fraud.
- PIN/Pull printing: Have documents held and released only to the person who printed them. Pull printing solutions help protect sensitive data by requiring authentication at the device, and give users the flexibility of pulling the documents from any device that is enabled with the solution.
- Built-in PIN printing: When users send confidential print jobs, they assign a PIN which they must enter at the device to release the job.
- HP JetAdvantage Secure Print: With this affordable solution designed for SMB, jobs can be stored in the cloud or on the user’s desktop. It’s easy to set up and use, allows users to release jobs from a mobile device, and supports multi-vendor devices.
- HP JetAdvantage Private Print: With HP’s free cloud-based solution you get the advantages of pull printing, without the complexity. It is simple to set up and does not require a server, installation, or maintenance.
- HP Access Control Secure Pull Printing: This optional robust server-based solution offers multiple forms of authentication including badge release, as well as enterprise level security, management, and scalability.
LOW ENERGY CONSUMPTION
High productivity can be compromised by high running costs. However, these printers have some of the lowest e\energy consumption in their class. The HP LaserJet Enterprise M652 series uses just 690 watts when printing an only 31 watts at rest. The HP LaserJet Enterprise M633 series consumes 780 watts when printing and 31 watts at rest. All models use a mere 0.7 watts when sleeping and 0.1 watts with manual off. To conserve energy even further all models feature auto on and auto off capability to give instant start up.
With fast, high resolution colour printing for larger workgroups, adaptable and incremental paper handling a very high level of data security and low operating costs this series of printers pack a lot of punch in a relatively small package. They are worthy of close consideration by those looking for these attributes in a printer that can handle high workloads with the minimum of fuss.
Need advice on the right printing solutions?
Fill out the form below and one of our experts will contact you shortly.